21.5.–28.5. - Live Scoring - Seuraa suomalaisten menestystä

[12][16]
KilpailuaSuomalaista

Kalle Samoojan selitykset

Etusivu Foorumit Kilpagolf & harjoittelu Kalle Samoojan selitykset

Esillä 14 viestiä, 251 - 264 (kaikkiaan 264)
  • Julkaisija
    Artikkelit
  • Fake news linkkisi ei toimi 🙃 Kunpa kaikki tarkistaisivat edes linkkiensä toimivuuden

Vain OWGR mainittu, kuten myös tietenkin US Ooenin ja The Openin vastaavilla.

US PGA Championship Exemptions
    All former winners of the PGA Championship.
    Winners of the last five Masters (2020 – 2024).
    Winners of the last five U.S. Opens (2019 – 2023).
    Winners of the last five Open Championships (2018 – 2023). Cancelled in 2020.
    Winners of the last three THE PLAYERS Championships (2022 – 2024).
    The top 3 on the International Federation Official World Golf Ranking List as of April 29, 2024.
    Winner of the 2023 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship.
    The top 15 finishers and ties from the 2023 PGA Championship.
    The top 20 finishers from the 2024 PGA Professional Championship.
    The top 70 players who are eligible and have earned the most PGA Championship Points from the 2023 Charles Schwab Challenge through the 2024 CJ CUP Byron Nelson (ending May 5, 2024).
    Playing members of the last-named U.S. and European Ryder Cup teams (2023) provided they remain within the top 100 on the Official World Golf Rankings as of May 6, 2024.
    Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments, whose victories are considered official, from the 2023 Charles Schwab Challenge through the 2024 Wells Fargo Championship and the 2024 Myrtle Beach Classic.
    The top 3 finishers on the DP World Tour Asian Swing event rankings, that include the Porsche Singapore Open, the Hero Indian Open, the ISPS Handa Championship and the Volvo China Open.
    The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above.
    If necessary to complete the field, those players beyond the top 70 players who are eligible and who have earned the most PGA Championship Points from the 2023 Charles Schwab Challenge through the 2024 CJ CUP Byron Nelson (ending May 5, 2024), in order of their position on such list.

Olen syvästi pahoillani aiheutuneesta mielipahasta ja vaivannäöstä.

Valitettavasti en aina ehdi tarkistaa kaikkien linkkien toimivuutta, koska minulla on elämä.

Fiksuna netin käyttäjänä osasit kuitenkin varmasti maalata kursorilla ko. linkistä sen tekstiosan ja painamalla hiiren oikeaa näppäintä teit siitä Google-haun, jolla sitten saitkin esiin seuraavansisältöisen golf.com:in (tunnet varmaan sivuston ja sen sisarjulkaisun Golf Magazine-lehden) Sean Zakin artikkelin:

6 LIV players receive last-minute major invites, leaving 1 surprise omission

This season’s next major championship is so close that our countdown has made it to single-digit days. Nine, to be exact. Which made it high time for the PGA of America to finalize next week’s PGA Championship field with special invites. And they mixed in a surprise or two.

The field of 156 was officially finalized Tuesday morning, with six LIV golfers receiving an invite. Most of those came as expected. The PGA of America typically invites any players ranked in the top 100 in the Official World Golf Ranking, which meant the likes of Adrian Meronk, Patrick Reed and Lucas Herbert weren’t surprises to earn admission.

LIV Golf tournaments do not receive OWGR points (at the moment) because the league has failed to establish its tournaments to fit various OWGR standards. But Meronk and Herbert both joined that tour this year, so they’ve held on to enough OWGR points from a year ago to qualify. Reed, on the other hand, has played a number of Asian Tour events, which offer points, and also fared pretty well in major championships, which dish out the most points. His 12th-place finish at the Masters last month pushed him back inside the top 100 in the world, ensuring he will compete in his 42nd straight major next week.

Outside the top 100 OWGR is where the invites get most interesting. 22-year-old David Puig received an invite to Valhalla next week after playing as much golf this year as any of his LIV colleagues. Puig has already played in four Asian Tour events in 2024, in addition to a bunch toward the end of 2023. This year, he’s finished in the top 10 in all of them, even winning the Malaysian open in February. He’s ranked No. 106 right now by the OWGR and 103 by DataGolf, which measures players exclusively on their performance, regardless of tour.

In other words, Puig is right there on the edge of the top-level golf, and plenty worthy of an invite based on his worldwide finishes. Dean Burmester presents an even more fascinating case, as he ranks outside the top 100 OWGR but well inside that number via DataGolf. Burmester won multiple tournaments in his native South Africa at the tail end of 2023, and then won LIV Golf’s pre-Masters event in Miami. As a result, DataGolf calls him the 38th-best player in the world right now. Yes, even higher than Brooks Koepka. The PGA of America deemed him a value add to its field and now he’ll play in his eighth career major championship.

The final LIV golfer to accept a major championship invite may surprise you. It’s Talor Gooch, world No. 644, and not Louis Oosthuizen, world No. 125.

The difference between those two rankings says everything about each player’s approach to the golfing calendar. Gooch hasn’t played an OWGR-sanctioned event since November. Meanwhile, Oosthuizen won multiple DP World Tour events in December, and nearly won an Asian Tour event in February. But in terms of LIV Golf bonafides, Gooch has Oosthuizen beat. By a lot. The former has won three LIV events while the latter has lifted zero individual trophies.

If you ask the folks at DataGolf, there’s virtually no difference between the two. Gooch is ranked 35th while Oosthuizen is ranked 32nd. In the absence of any other explanation (like, say, Oosthuizen receiving an invitation and turning it down) it’s likely the line for invites was drawn directly between these two gents. Good for Gooch, not so good for Oosty.

It remains possible, though unlikely, Oosthuizen could still earn an invite in the coming days. The PGA of America announced just 154 names of its 156-man field as it is holding two final spots for the winners of this week’s two PGA Tour events. If a non-qualified player wins either event, they’ll be added to the field at Valhalla. But in the event that, say, Rory McIlroy (already in the field) wins the Wells Fargo Championship, we could see a last-last-last minute invite go out to another player like Oosthuizen.

As for Gooch, it will be his last chance for major championship glory in 2024. He made it clear last week that he did not sign up for the qualifying series of the U.S. Open, nor the Open Championship. Winning the PGA Championship, though — that would easily take care of those.

Kyseisen artikkelin alta löysit, tietenkin, linkin toiseen Kevin Cunninghamin artikkeliin, joka korjasi ylläolevaa (lienee syy linkin muutokseen) kertomalla, että myös Oosthuizen sai kutsun, josta kieltäytyi kohteliaasti henkilökohtaisiin syihin vedoten.

Kun kirjoitin, että USA:n PGA, kuten muutkin majorien järjestäjät, seuraavat nykyään Data Golfin rankingiä, tarkoitin, että majorien järjestäjät seuraavat nykyään Data Golfin rankingiä. En suinkaan tarkoittanut, että ne seuraavat vain Data Golfin rankingiä, puhumattakaan, että noudattavat valinnoissaan vain sitä. Mutta viittaamassasi Goochin valinnassa näköjään noudattivat.

Sinänsä harmi, että et lukenut tarkasti myöskään omaa tekstiäsi. Siinä mainitaan, että ”The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above.”

Katso, maailma ei olekaan mustavalkoinen. Ainakaan ihan kaikille.

PS.
    Maailmankuvan laajentamisen helpottamiseksi maailmalla luetuimpiin golfin nettijulkaisuihin voit tutustua täällä:

https://www.similarweb.com/top-websites/sports/golf/

Ja jos linkki ei sinulla taaskaan toimi, löytyy sen alta mm. tällainen tieto:

Most Visited Golf Websites Ranking Analysis for April 2024

masters.com is ranked number 1 as the most popular website in the Golf category in April 2024. The average amount of time that users spend on the website is 00:04:43 minutes, and they see, on average, 3.62 pages per visit. Pages per visit is a popular engagement metric that is calculated by dividing the total number of website views by the total number of visitors. The bounce rate for masters.com is 46.75%, meaning that 46.75% of visitors leave the website after viewing just one page.

pgatour.com and golf.com are 2nd and 3rd on the list. In terms of user engagement, pgatour.com has an average visit duration of 00:03:57 minutes, an average pages per visit of 2.48, and a bounce rate of 54.85%. Similarly, golf.com’s average visit duration is 00:01:34 minutes, its average pages per visit is 1.91, and its bounce rate is 61.22%.

golfdigest.com is a top Golf website that ranks in 4th place. On average, visitors remain on-site for 00:01:50 minutes and 64.38% of those visits bounce after viewing just one page. In addition, the average website pages viewed per visit is 1.94.

Number five on our list is golfdigest.co.jp, a top Golf website. Visitors see 4.56 pages per visit and spend 00:03:54 minutes on the website. The bounce rate for golfdigest.co.jp is 41.62%.

Tuon artikkelin helmi oli, että USPGA jää Talor ”54 reikää riittää golfkilpailuissa” Goochin viimeiseksi majoriksi pitkäksi aikaa, ellei sattuisi vahingossa voittaan Valhallassa.

Datagolf on vain golfmedioiden (etenkin LIV:iin päin kallellaan olevien) uusin lempilapsi, eikä mitään muuta. OWGR ei ole kuitenkaan poistumassa, vaikka LIV sitä toivookin. OWGR:ää ei ole koskaan luotu joukkuekisoja varten.

Toiset väittää, että yksilökisa on LIV:in pääformaatti, mutta LIV:in sivustokin avautuu defaulttina joukkuekisa ykkösenä.

Nyt tuli niin jännittävä lausunto median kallellaan olosta, että vanhalla uutispäällikölläkin heräsi mielenkiinto sen esittäjän medialukutaitoa kohtaan.

Kertoisitko PokiTuuppari ystävällisesti, mitkä golfmediat ovat mielestäsi kallellaan LIV:in ja mitkä PGA Tourin suuntaan sekä mitkä käsittelevät journalismissaan molempia objektiivisen neutraalisti ja tasapuolisesti?

Saisimmeko esim. kolme selvintä tapausta kustakin kategoriasta (LIV/PGA/OBJ), mielellään esimerkkijutun kera. Kiitos.

Tuskin Kalle Samoojaa nähdään enää Majoreissa ja Olympialaisissa, saa nähdä pitääkö paikkansa LIV-tourilla, vai jääkö ura Saudi-Arabian sponsoroimassa sarjassa yhteen kauteen. Ikääkin alkaa olla jo niin eiköhän hommia löydy valmennuspuolelta ja golftarvikkeiden myyjänä paikallisessa Golfcenterissä. Aika lailla mentorinsa Mika Piltzin jalanjäljissä siis…

https://www.gogolf.fi/artikkelit/mika-piltz-on-ollut-ratkaiseva-suunnannayttaja-samoojan-tiella-voittajaksi-olen-kallen-puolesta-niin-onnellinen/

Kuulostaa paljon paremmalta tulevaisuudelta kuin suoristaa paksureisisten pokituupparien slaisseja Hevonhiidessä tai olla myyvinään hokkareita ja kymmenen vuotta vanhoja käytettyjä mailoja typötyhjässä autotallissa Tipotiellä tai kirjoittaa yökaudet keskustelupalstoille katkeria kommentteja pääkiertuevoittajien edesottamuksista, koska ei ole itse päässyt koskaan edes Finnish Tourille tai saanut yhtäkään omaa valmennettavaa koskaan milloinkaan yhtään millekään kiertueelle tai edes klubimestaruuskilpailujen palkintopallille.

Se huumorista, mutta oli vähän asian tynkääkin koskien tuota PokiTuupparin salaliittoteoriaa golfmedian ranking-vinoumasta. Mielenkiintoista nähdä vastaus Rolf B:n kysymykseen.

Eiköhän OWGR vaihdu kiertueiden yhteistyösopimuksen kivuliaan pihtisynnytyksen jälkeen aika luonnollisesti TUGR:iin tai juuri tuohon DataGolfin vastaavaan, jota fiksuimmat pelaajat kuuluvat jo käyttävänkin.

OWGR on rikki, ainakin jos pelaajilta kysytään:

Tiger Woods:

“It’s a flawed system. That’s something we all here recognize. The field at Dubai got less points than Sea Island, and more of the top players were there in Dubai, so obviously there’s a flawed system. How do you fix it? You know, those are meetings we’re going to have to have. We’re going to have to have it with World Golf committee and as well as our — the main tours that are involved in it somehow [need to] come up with a better system than is in place now. I remember in my career, when I had a big lead in my career, I didn’t have to play a single tournament the next year and I still would be ranked No. 1. We changed that system then. So it has been changed in the past, and I’m sure this will be changed hopefully soon.”

Patrick Cantlay:

“I think the World Rankings has a very particular set of criteria, and I don’t know if broken is the right word, but I think that there’s been so much uncertainty and change in the last couple years that it’s inevitable that things need to be updated or things need to be changed.”

Xander Schauffele:

“The LIV Tour definitely has really good players, and players that are in the top 10 or top 25 in the world, and there’s many of ’em. So, they’re just sort of unranked right now, but to me, I do believe they’re definitely top-ranked players in the world.”

Matt Fitzpatrick:

“I don’t think the World Rankings are a true representation of the golf game at the minute. I don’t really look at them or pay attention to them anymore. I don’t think they’re right. So I look at @datagolf as a better representation of how people are playing in the world, in my opinion. I think it’s partly a sign that there’s plenty of depth on here, which we’ve known that for years on the PGA Tour, there’s always been a lot of strength and depth, but I certainly think nowadays the ranking side of it is a little bit skewed. I don’t think it’s right to not have these players involved in the World Rankings. I mean what’s Dustin Johnson in the world? I don’t even know. What’s Brooks Koepka? I just think that’s the only issue right now with the world golf rankings.”

Will Zalatoris:

“You see what Joaquin’s done this year, and he’s 73rd in the world. The guy’s played some really good golf. I think, you know, having to get a special exemption from Augusta, it’s just, there’s some really good players, and there’s some guys that have gone around the world and played really good golf and I think that’s something that, once we get to the majors, it will be really fun to have us all back together. But, I know that that’s kind of the utopian goal for all of us right now is to have the best players in the world play week in, week out.”

David Micheluzzi:

There is two photos I’ve posted, one is a result I had at the Aus PGA at the start of the year which was just an Aus Tour event I came 9th and got 4.48 points. The other is last week a DP tour event with Cam playing, I came 6th and got 2.01 points. WTF is this shit!! 🤬🤬

Kyllä säälittää Micheluzzia: niukasti tuli pisteitä, vaikka joku Cam:kin pelasi.

Miksi nämä eivät perusta omaa ranking- järjestelmää ja omia Major-kisoja. Ei kai toisen organisation tarvitse mitenkään huomioida niitä, jotka ovat sen vapaa-ehtoisesti jättäneet!

Sasse. Ja mitä se Tiikerikin oikein vinkuu? Onko siihen iskenyt vanhuuden höperyys? Pitäisi turpansa kiinni ja olisi tyytyväinen yhtä aikaa Taavetin ET-kisan kanssa pelatun Hero-höntsäkisan 18. sijasta saamiinsa 2,14625 pisteeseen. Voittihan se sentään selvästi… kaksi pelaajaa.

Hei, mut nää vinkujat onkin kaikki PGAT-pelaajia… Paitsi Taavetti pelaa näköjään ET:llä.

Onko noille kaikille tullut joku mielenhäiriö? Tai joukkopsykoosi?? Missä olet Anneli Tempakka, sinua tarvitaan!!!

PS. Täälläkin odotetaan vesi kielellä PokiTuupparin Suurta Golfmediavertailua!

Monet PGA pelaajat ovat jo tietoisia kulisseissa taphtuvista muutoksista?

Kun miettii 10 viimeisintä jotka LIVille pääsi ja miksi menivät…

On ihmetelty miksi Taylor Gooch on kutsuttu majoriin. Olisiko syy niin yksinkertainen että hän voitti viime vuonna LIV kokonaiskilpailun?

Eikös ne ole nykyään populisteja, jotka tarjoavat monimutkaiseen kysymykseen yksinkertaista vastausta…😉

”Miksi nämä eivät perusta omaa ranking- järjestelmää ja omia Major-kisoja. Ei kai toisen organisation tarvitse mitenkään huomioida niitä, jotka ovat sen vapaa-ehtoisesti jättäneet!”

Erinomaista, että kerrankin edes yksi PGAT-fariseus sai sanotuksi suoraan, että OWGR on nimenomaan yhden kiertueen, PGAT:n, oma ranking. Ei muiden.

Täällä paljon hehkutettu Sami Välimäki totesi siitä GoGolfin Teemu Tyryn haastattelussa 10.3.23 näin:

”Kun maailmanlistan pistejaon perusteita muutettiin, vaikeutti se DPWT:lla pelaavien mahdollisuuksia. Pian siellä listan 200 ensimmäisen joukossa on vain PGA Touria kiertäviä”, Välimäki kärjistää hienoista tyytymättömyyttään haastattelun yhteydessä alkuvuodesta. ”Listalla nouseminen sekä isoihin kisoihin pääseminen on tiukassa. DPWT on jäänyt yhteistyökumppanien hankinnassa ja medianäkyvyydessä PGA Tourin jalkoihin. Se näkyy palkintorahoissa sekä maailmanlistan pisteissä. Pelaajat eivät tähän pysty vaikuttamaan. Kabineteissa istuvat miehet näitä keskenään sovittelevat”, Välimäki muistuttaa.

Kahdensadan sakkiin ei ole ET:lta asiaa. Ei, vaikka pelaisi jokaisen kisan kuten Kim Jong Il:

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/index/_/id/7369649

Koomisessa yrityksessä todistaa musta valkoiseksi PGAT-OWGR ei juurikaan poikkea KCNA:sta. Korkeintaan on kyse aste-erosta valehtelemisen määrässä. Uskokoon, ken tahtoo.

de facto 👏 oli kyllä hyvä kirjoitus.

Legendaarinen pelaaja ja moninkertainen Major-voittaja Ernie Els sanoo suorat sanat LIV-kiertueesta: “Ei ole oikeaa golfia”. Tuosta on helppo olla samaa mieltä:

4-time major winner Ernie Els renews assault against LIV: ‘Not proper golf’

Älkäöä ny Samoojaa liikaa lyökö. Hyvä vaan että saadaan suomeen ja suomalaisille rahaa sieltä ulkomailta. Tiedän monien ajattelumallilla me ollaaanki tässä talouskurimuksessa ja vlation velka kasvaa. Jos minut huolittais olisin heti liv tourilla ja ostaisin rahoilla suomesta kalliitta autoja yms jotta vois maksaa veroja tänne ja vähä elvyttää kansantaloutta

Esillä 14 viestiä, 251 - 264 (kaikkiaan 264)
Vastaa aiheeseen: Vastaus #1425437 kohteessaKalle Samoojan selitykset

Etusivu Foorumit Kilpagolf & harjoittelu Kalle Samoojan selitykset